:: Glitter ::
This tutorial is to show you how to make glitter. I used Paint Shop Pro 9 but I'm sure the jest of it is the same for Photoshop. You need to know a little bit about psp to do this tutorial.
We are going to start by making glitter using the Add Noise property. This is what we are doing:
1. I used the color #ffc0c0 as my background fill.
2. Open a new image 100px by 100px.
3. Flood fill it using your flood fill tool:
4. Go to Adjust > Add/Remove Noise > Add Noise
5. You can copy and paste that new image you have and name it glitter1. On your original, hit the undo button so it becomes a solid tile again.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 using different settings. I used 15 and 20 noise. You can really use whatever settings you want to achieve different glitter effects. Name your next 2 tiles, glitter2 and glitter 3.
7. So now you have 3 tiles with different noise levels. I noted the noise levels on the picture.
8. Open Animation Shop and copy and paste glitter1 into Animation shop.
9. Copy glitter2 and paste into Animation Shop after glitter1 (You can use Control + Shift + L to paste after the selected frame).
10. After you are done, you can save your glitter for later use.
11. You can also use different speeds on your animation so that the glitter will be at different speeds (From left to right: 10, 15 and 20 frame speed).
You can make variants of this glitter tags by using gradients instead of flood fills or even pictures and patterns:
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that it was easy to follow. Comments and suggestions are welcome.
Back to the list of PSP tutorials
©2005 Marie Gookin. None of this tutorial may be reproduced in any way.