:: Glitter ::
This tutorial is to show you how to make glitter. I used Paint Shop Pro 9 but I'm sure the jest of it is the same for Photoshop. You need to know a little bit about psp to do this tutorial.
We are going to start by making glitter using the Visman plugin.
Download the zip file on that website and unzip it in your plugin folder.
Note: you could do this tutorial without the plugin by using an sparkly you want and resizing it and placing it at random. However, this method takes a lot longer so I opted for the plugin.
This is what we are doing:
1. I used the color #c0c0ff as my background fill.
2. Open a new image 100px by 100px.
3. Flood fill it using your flood fill tool:
4. Go to Effects > Plugins > VM Natural > Sparkle
Play around with the settings until you like what you get.
5. You can copy and paste that new image you have and name it glitter1. On your original, hit the undo button so it becomes a solid tile again.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 using different settings. Name your next 2 tiles, glitter2 and glitter 3.
7. So now you have 3 tiles with different noise levels.
8. Open Animation Shop and copy and paste glitter1 into Animation shop.
9. Copy glitter2 and paste into Animation Shop after glitter1 (You can use Control + Shift + L to paste after the selected frame).
10. After you are done, you can save your glitter for later use.
11. You can also use different speeds on your animation so that the glitter will be at different speeds (From left to right: 10, 15 and 20 frame speed).
You can make variants of this glitter tags by using gradients instead of flood fills or even pictures and patterns:
and a combination of both glitter tutorials:
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that it was easy to follow. Comments and suggestions are welcome.
Back to the list of PSP tutorials
©2005 Marie Gookin. None of this tutorial may be reproduced in any way.