:: Partial Glitter ::
This tutorial is to show you make only part of your picture glitter. I used Paint Shop Pro 9 but I'm sure the jest of it is the same for Photoshop. You need to know a little bit about psp to do this tutorial.
If you want to know how to actually make your own glitter, see my other tutorials.
This is what we are doing:
1. First thing you need to do is choose the picture you want to use. I choose this picture. It is a picture of my daughter as Tinkerbell.
2. Duplicate your layer 3 times. You will have one image with 3 identical layers. Your layer palette will look like this:
I renamed the layers, layer 1, layer 2, and layer 3.
3. Use your Freehand Selection Tool:
4. Select the parts you are going to want to glitter:
5. Select layer 1 by clicking on it and hide the top 2 layers. Your layer palette will look like this:
6. Go to Adjust > Add/Remove Noise > Add Noise. Use these settings:
7. Now unhide layer 2 and make sure it's selected:
8. Go to Adjust > Add/Remove Noise > Add Noise. This time increase the number to 15.
9. Do the same for Layer 3 and increase the noise to 20.
10. So now you have 3 layers with different level of noise.
11. Deselect now: Control + D
12. Now hide the 2 top layers of your image. Make sure you have the lower layer selected. Copy it (Control + C or Control + Shift + C).
13. Now open Animation Shop and paste the image.
14. Hide the bottom layer and reveal the second from the bottom. Make sure you select the second layer as well. Copy it and then in Animation Shop, click Control + Shift + L. This will paste the second layer after the first one.
15. Repeat step 14 for the third and last layer.
Play your animation and save it and you're all set!!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that it was easy to follow. Comments and suggestions are welcome.
Back to the list of PSP tutorials
©2005 Marie Gookin. None of this tutorial may be reproduced in any way.